We have onsite laundry, a camp bathroom and a park.
- FUNCTIONING heat tape must be installed on all exterior water lines, please test it periodically throughout the cold months. We are not responsible for the line from the water pit to your home if it freezes.
- This is the time of year to get your furnace checked so it operates safely and efficiently. Replace filters, vacuum away dust and dirt, check the exhaust vent and clear obstructions fro the vent pipe. Dirty filters will reduce efficiency of your furnace and can starve a furnace of oxygen. Clean the squirrel fan and oil fan to assure efficiency. COS Utilities may provide a free inspection if you are concerned, call 719-448-4800.
- Caulk around your door and window frames, siding joints, dryer vent and wire entries. Put weather stripping around exterior doors and windows.
- Make sure your fire alarms and fire extinguishers are working.
- Never heat your home with your oven. We have loaner electric heaters if in need.
- Be a responsible pet owner and pick up after pets every day. If not for you, for your neighbor’s sake! After your 2nd warning we’ll pick it up for you and charge it to your rent bill for the month.
- Trash can’t be stored outside of the unit at any time! Trash is picked up on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. The trash company doesn't’t pick up if trash is outside the bins or overflowing over the edges. Don’t put furniture or large items in the trash.
- Patios and yards may not be used as storage. If you have items stored underneath your RV you must have skirting to cover it up. Each lot can have one management approved shed. Outside furniture only in yards.
- Cooking outside- Please be careful. Keep flames away from porches and anything flammable. Keep a fire extinguisher or hose within 5 feet of your grill in case of an emergency.
- Vehicle Parking Reminder- The C row is to park all vehicles next to their unit, never on the fire lane.
- Please be respectful of your neighbors by keeping music at a reasonable level.
- If you have swamp coolers and air conditioners you may want to get a cover on them so the cold air stays outside and not seeping through the vents.
- Instead of just throwing usable items away, please consider leaving items in laundry room with the management approval first.
- We have many books both in the mail room and in the laundry room. Please feel free to take one, two or even three and also to donate.
COLORADO SPRINGS FOOD RESCUE AND SLEEPY VALLEY ARE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!!! WE WILL BE DESTRIBUTING ORGANIC AND YUMMY FRESH PRODUCE, BREADS, MEATS, AND LOTS MORE IN THE PARK LOCATED AT B10 (BEHIND THE OFFICE) FROM ABOUT 11:30 TO 1:00 EVERY SUNDAY UNTIL THE WEATHER GETS TOO COLD THEN WE’LL MOVE IT INTO THE SHED ACROSS FROM THE PARK, RIGHT BEHIND THE OFFICE.
*BRING YOUR OWN BAGS
** PLEASE ONLY TAKE WHAT YOU NEED
***SPREAD THE WORD TO YOUR NEIGHBOORS (for SVMHP residents only please)